Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Paper work and the route.

I been playing around with bikeroutetoaster.com it creates cycle routes then saves them into gpx files for your hand-held GPS units. Ive been really impressed with the route that BRT has made. When I looked at it through google earth, it showed me that we are taking canals for the most part of France and it looks like pretty good roads and paths all of the way( further investigation needed really).

The route hasn't been finalized yet, just waiting for this weekend for that. Possible alternatives are Plymouth to Rosscoff or Dover
to Boulogne.

There doesn't seem to be much in the  distances Roscoff took a boat I think from southern France to Rome..

Anyhow here goes map and ill get the kml  and gpx files up of the final route.

enjoy.


I  also brought insurance today from cycle touring club..
Went for the ctc economy travel insurance at £77 seems pretty good, covers the bike and me for two months.

No comments:

Post a Comment