Friday, August 20, 2010

Pre trip ride and GeoTag Photo

Well We went for the bike ride with the bob trailer from Bristol Bike Workshop, the weather was a bit dismal on Saturday but there where a few sunny periods. I guess its what its going to be like across France unless the weather picks up fingers crossed huh.

I loaded the bob trailer up with 30kg of books to leave at Andy's house while I'm away. I liked the way the trailer attached to the Skewer of the rear wheel a big improvement on what the Raleigh trailer I used to tow My daughter Jasmine around in but I did find there was a speed wobble that came on on the down hill stretches never noticed that when there was two wheels on the trailer.

Although i was impressed with how much it weighed very light and well constructed, but I think Im going to stick with panniers for this trip. It was a tough choice tho, but the price of the trailer played a big part.

I've made a map with a geotagged photo on it, after finding out that my Sony Ericsson Xperia wasn't geolocating my images correctly I've had a nightmare trying to work out the best way to GeoTag the photos. For this map I used gpscorrelate a GPL application for linux to tag the photos from the GPX track-log. The only problem with this is that the camera and the GPS have to have the exact same time looks as if ill be doing the journey in GMT just to make everything easy(ier). I still have to write a small script (sed awk great) to extract the LatLang from exif data and write to text file so I can make these maps along the way with out to much manual reading and checking of photos. http://gpsvisualizer.com really deserves a mention here I'm using there web application to make the maps that are hosted on my own personal server and included in this page using a iframe.

Anyhow Enjoy....

No comments:

Post a Comment