Wednesday, October 13, 2010

On to siena



Left Florence on the via de serragil road and passed through the city gates they must have anticipated 21 century high top buses cause they where enormous high wooden gates must have been more than 15 meters high easy. There was some pretty steep hills and just as i was reaching Impruneta there was a bunch of cyclist out for a ride we did the caio then one remarked in English that I was setting the pace I replied oh hello you speak English. Turns out they where visiting a Australian Friend and where from New Zealand we cycled along for a while nattering away. They stopped to admire the view and I carried on. Should have stopped with them and had a good chat but i regretfully didn't. I stopped in Impruneta at la Barazzina plaza for lunch, then dropping down the hill only to find the road I was meant to take had privado signs and a locked gate. The SP118 then took me up up and up with some great views of where id come. Once reaching the top I stopped for a break and found my self coming down a stony track to a lake where I had coffee then the rain started quickly afterwards, pitched the tent and ignored the privado signs just hoping for the best. I'm tucked away but there is house not far away over looking a vineyards bounty of grapes destined to be made in to Chianti wine I imagine. 

Location : 50026 San Casciano in Val di Pesa Florence,

No comments:

Post a Comment