Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Take it easy and you might make it.



The front wheel bearings are on there last legs the cups are heavily worn, the cones have pitting and chatter marks the man at the bike shop did his best to find replacement parts but in the end just had to repack bearings and hope for the best. The hubs I have on the bike are Cannondale earth and every cone he had wasn't long enough to be able to get a spanner on it. He didn't speak a word of English and my Italian ain't up to speed yet so i pulled out my android phone and with the help of the google translate app we  where able to establish i was fucked or at least my front wheel was. Had 3 days rest while I waited for the bad news at il borgo hotel in Acquapendente only 25 euro a night right in the center of town just of main plaza so it wasn't all bad. Lovely place well worth stopping to check out old cobbled streets and narrow alleys. Only 83 km to Rome now and I'm trying to follow bike mechanics advice to take it easy and i get to this road in photo.

Location : 01027 Montefiascone Viterbo,

No comments:

Post a Comment