Monday, December 6, 2010

Frosty morning



It was a chilly night last night awoke to frozen water bottles and frost on my bags I was fine in the tent with my 0deg rated sleeping bag but had to melt ice for porridge and coffee this morning. Pushed over a few hills to find the old fortress of eleutherai a 4th century BC fortress that was free to visit no ropes or paths just over grown and free to rome and explore, the real surprise was the well a small hole in the ground that you are also able to access below the outer wall as well. No water inside otherwise I would have been able to make coffee for lunch. Carrying on over another few hills to make it to elefsina where I was hopefully going to get a hotel for the night and check out the archaeology site in the morning. I read about this site in a book i got one Christmas where members of the cult drank a psychedelic drink possibly made from ergot.

All the hotels where booked out and expensive anyhow I had a bit trouble finding them so i asked Steve a police officer how to get there on passing back we stopped to talk for a couple of hours and even got a police issue doughnut. Heading out of  town trying to find a place for the tent a number of savage dogs tried to have a go really getting sick and tired of dogs and next time I go cycle touring I'm going to get a water pistol to travel with. Just a couple of km out of town I found a place to camp over looking the dry dock with some big ships being worked on. In the morning I will make my way to archaeology site.

Location : Παλαιά Εθνική Οδός Αθηνών-Κορίνθου, Eleusina 19600,

No comments:

Post a Comment