Thursday, December 16, 2010

A winter wonderland



I  awoke this morning to a winterly wonderland climbing the hills to 1306M the snow got deeper probably to about 100mm manged to stay on the bike riding in the car tyre marks. Descending through some picturesque villages where I manged to get more bread and a hot coffee many ancient things to stop and look at but it was a little too chilly to bother. I had to put my other shoes on, as the sole less ones where  little to draughty with my toes feeling the chill the most. A few ups and down all day but now at just 100M asl so there must have been a lot of down. Truly beautiful scenery with rock outcrops and forested hills and  possibly mountains tonight crossed the river Erymanthos which brings me to municipality of ancient Olympia. And just 100km from Patra and no big climbs to get there either.

Location : Πύργου-Τριπόλεως, Αρχαία Ολυμπία 27065,

No comments:

Post a Comment